Chemistry of the f-elements
|Dr. Astrid Barkleit|
|Phone:||+49 351 260 - 3136, 2512, 2518|
|Address for visitors:||Bautzner Landstraße 400|
|Postal address:||POB 51 01 19|
- Seit 2000:Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Institute of Resource Ecology, scientific staff member
- 2007-2014:Technische Universität Dresden, Radiochemistry Division, research associate
- 2000-2004:Universität Rostock, postgraduate studies in Environmental Protection, Diploma in Life Sciences
- 1999-2000:Leibniz Institute for New Materials Saarbrücken, research associate
- 1999:Universität des Saarlandes Saarbrücken, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, PhD thesis: "Synthesis and Investigations of Structure and Reactivity of Metalchelatkomplexes of Tridentate Disilazane Ligands"
- 1996-1998:Universität des Saarlandes, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, research associate
- 1989-1996:Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Universität des Saarlandes, Diploma in Chemistry
- Actinide speciation in biosystems and in aqueous solutions, namely U(VI), Cm(III), Am(III) and Eu(III)
- Application of various spectroscopic techniques, in particular time-resolved laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy (TRLFS)
- TransAqua - Transfer of radionuclides in aquatic ecosystems. Subproject Biokinetic models: "Spectroscopic determination of the binding form (speciation) of trivalent actinides and lanthanides in biofluids of the human intestinal tract and in the blood" (KVSF, BMBF, 02NUK030F)
- Joint Project: Retention of repository-relevant radionuclides in natural clay rocks and in saline systems. Subproject: "Thermodynamics of the interaction of An(III)/Ln(III) with borate and organic repository-relevant ligands" (BMWi, 02E11021)
- Joint Project: Interaction and transport of actinides in natural clay rock with consideration of humic substances and clay organics. Subproject: "Investigations of temperature dependence of complexation and sorption of trivalent actinides in the system actinid-NOM-natural clay rock-aquifer" (BMWi, 02E10417)
- Binding form of Cm(III) and Eu(III) in human body fluids (saliva, urine) (DFG, BE2234/10-1/2)
- The mobilization of actinides by microbial ligands taking into consideration the final storage of nuclear waste. Interactions of selected actinides with pyoverdins and related model compounds. (BMBF, 02E9985)
- J. Schott, J. Kretzschmar, S. Tsushima, B. Drobot, M. Acker, A. Barkleit, S. Taut, V. Brendler, T. Stumpf: "The interaction of Eu(III) with organoborates - a further approach to understand the complexation in the An/Ln(III)-borate system." Dalton Trans. 44(24), 11095-11108 (2015).
- U. Weinert, K. Pollmann, A. Barkleit, M. Vogel, T. Günther, J. Raff: "Synthesis of S-layer conjugates and evaluation of their modifiability as a tool for the functionalization and patterning of technical surfaces." Molecules 20, 9847-9861 (2015).
- A.A.A. Osman, G. Geipel, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard: "Uranium(VI) binding forms in selected human body fluids: thermodynamic calculations versus spectroscopic measurements." Chem. Res. Tox. 28(2), 238-247 (2015).
- T. Reitz, A. Rossberg, A. Barkleit, R. Steudtner, S. Selenska-Pobell, M.L. Merroun: "Spectroscopic study on uranyl carboxylate complexes formed at the surface layer of Sulfolobus acidocaldarius." Dalton Trans. 44(6), 2684-2692 (2015).
- T. Reitz, A. Rossberg, A. Barkleit, S. Selenska-Pobell, M.L. Merroun: "Decrease of U(VI) immobilization capability of the facultative aerobic strain Paenibacillus sp. JG-TB8 under anoxic conditions due to strongly reduced phosphatase activity." PLOS One 9(8), e102447. (2014).
- L. Opherden, J. Oertel, A. Barkleit, K. Fahmy, A. Keller: "Paramagnetic Decoration of DNA Origami Nanostructures by Eu3+ Coordination." Langmuir 30, 8152-8159 (2014).
- A. Sabau, Y. Pipon, N. Toulhoat, C. Lomenech, N. Jordan, N. Moncoffre, A. Barkleit, N. Marmier, V. Brendler, S. Surblé, E. Giffaut: "Interaction of europium and nickel with calcite studied by Rutherford Backscattering Spectrometry and Time-Resolved Laser Fluorescence Spectroscopy." Nucl. Instrum. Meth. B 332, 111-116 (2014).
- J. Schott, J. Kretzschmar, M. Acker, S. Eidner, M. Kumke, B. Drobot, A. Barkleit, S. Taut, V. Brendler, T. Stumpf: "Formation of a Eu(III) borate solid species from a weak Eu(III) borate complex in aqueous solution." Dalton Trans. 43 (30), 11516-11528 (2014).
- A. Barkleit, J. Kretzschmar, S. Tsushima, M. Acker: "Americium(III) and europium(III) complex formation with lactate at elevated temperatures studied by spectroscopy and quantum chemical calculations." Dalton Trans. 43 (29), 11221-11232 (2014).
- B. Raditzky, S. Sachs, K. Schmeide, A. Barkleit, G. Geipel, G. Bernhard: "Spectroscopic study of americium(III) complexes with nitrogen containing organic model ligands." Polyhedron 65, 244-251 (2013).
- A. Barkleit, M. Acker, G. Bernhard: "Europium(III) complexation with salicylic acid at elevated temperatures." Inorg. Chim. Acta 394, 535-541 (2013).
- H. Moll, L. Luetke, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard: "Curium(III) Speciation Studies with Cells of a Groundwater Strain of Pseudomonas fluorescens." Geomicrobiol. J. 30, 337-346 (2013).
- A. Heller, A. Barkleit, H. Foerstendorf, S. Tsushima, K. Heim, G. Bernhard: "Curium(III) citrate speciation in biological systems: a europium(III) assisted spectroscopic and quantum chemical study." Dalton Trans. 41, 13969-13983 (2012).
- J. Schott, M. Acker, A. Barkleit, V. Brendler, S. Taut, G. Bernhard: "The influence of temperature and small organic ligands on the sorption of Eu(III) on Opalinus Clay." Radiochim. Acta 100, 315-324 (2012).
- A. Barkleit, H. Foerstendorf, B. Li, A. Rossberg, H. Moll, G. Bernhard: "Coordination of uranium(VI) with functional groups of bacterial lipopolysaccharide studied by EXAFS and FT-IR spectroscopy." Dalton Trans. 38, 9868-9876 (2011).
- A. Barkleit, S. Tsushima, O. Savchuk, J. Philipp, K. Heim, M. Acker, S. Taut, K. Fahmy: "Eu3+-Mediated Polymerization of Benzenetetracarboxylic Acid Studied by Spectroscopy, Temperature-Dependent Calorimetry, and Density Functional Theory." Inorg. Chem. 50, 5451-5459 (2011).
- A. Heller, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard: "Chemical speciation of trivalent actinides and lanthanides in biological fluids: The dominant in vitro binding form of curium(III) and europium(III) in human urine." Chem. Res. Toxicol. 24, 193-203 (2011).
- A. Barkleit, G. Geipel, M. Acker, S. Taut, G. Bernhard: "First fluorescence spectroscopic investigation of Am(III) complexation with an organic carboxylic ligand, pyromellitic acid." Spectrochim. Acta A: Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc. 78, 549-552 (2011).
- A. Heller, O. Rönitz, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard, J.-U. Ackermann: "Complexation of Europium(III) with the Zwitterionic Form of Amino Acids Studied with Ultraviolet–Visible and Time-Resolved Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy." Appl. Spectrosc. 64, 930-935 (2010).
- B. Li, J. Raff, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard, H. Foerstendorf: "Complexation of U(VI) with highly phosphorylated protein, phosvitin. A vibrational spectroscopic approach." J. Inorg. Biochem. 7, 718-725 (2010).
- A. Barkleit, H. Moll, G. Bernhard: "Complexation of uranium(VI) with peptidoglycan." Dalton Trans. 27, 5379-5385 (2009).
- A. Heller, A. Barkleit, G. Bernhard, J.U. Ackermann: "Complexation study of europium(III) and curium(III) with urea in aqueous solution investigated by time-resolved laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy." Inorg. Chim. Acta 362, 1215-1222 (2009).
- A. Barkleit, H. Moll, G. Bernhard: "Interaction of uranium(VI) with lipopolysaccharide." Dalton Trans. 2879-2886 (2008).
- A. Barkleit, H. Foerstendorf, K. Heim, S. Sachs, G. Bernhard: "Complex formation of uranium(VI) with l-phenylalanine and 3-phenylpropionic acid studied by attenuated total reflection fourier transform infrared spectroscopy." Appl. Spectrosc. 62, 798-802 (2008).
- A. Koban, G. Bernhard: "Uranium(VI) complexes with phospholipid model compounds – A laser spectroscopic study." J. Inorg. Biochem. 101, 750-757 (2007).
- A. Koban, G. Geipel, A. Roßberg, G. Bernhard: "Uranium(VI) complexes with sugar phosphates in aqueous solution." Radiochim. Acta 92, 903-908 (2004).
- A. Koban, G. Bernhard: "Complexation of uranium(VI) with glycerol 1-phosphate." Polyhedron 23, 1793-1797 (2004).
- A. Koban, G. Geipel, G. Bernhard: "Complex formation between uranium(VI) and α-D-glucose-1-phosphate." Radiochim. Acta 91, 393-396 (2003)