Mobile version: On
Division of Nuclear Physics
Maik Butterling received one of three Best Poster Awards of HZDR's PhD seminar 2012. Congratulations!
Georg Schramm has graduated as one of the six best students of the Technical University of Dresden's faculty for mathematics and natural sciences in 2011. He receives the Ehrenfried-Walther-von-Tschirnhaus certificate. Congratulations!
Dr. Ayano Makinaga received the Best Poster Presentation Award of the 2011 Symposium on Nuclear Data of the Atomic Energy Society Japan for her contribution "Gamma-ray strength function measurement on Ta-181 at ELBE". Congratulations, Ayano!
Maik Butterling's presentation has been recognized as the best talk at the 2010 FZD PhD seminar. Congratulations!
The Nuclear Physics Division of Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf studies nuclei and nuclear reactions. Our experiments aim to understand how the chemical elements were created in the cosmos and to find a way to safely dispose of radioactive waste. Furthermore we develop novel radiation detectors for future experiments.
Experiments at the ELBE accelerator, Dresden (online documentation)
- Photodissociation of nuclei (DFG project A. Junghans, PhD thesis R. Hannaske)
- Photon scattering (DFG project R. Schwengner, Dissertation R. Massarczyk)
Publications on photon scattering
- Photoactivation of nuclei (PhD theses M. Erhard, C. Nair)
- Neutron-induced reactions at the n_ELBE neutron time-of-flight facility (BMBF project A. Junghans, EU-FP6 EFNUDAT, EU-FP7 ERINDA, PhD thesis R. Beyer, Diploma thesis T. Kögler)
Publications neutron-induced reactions
- Detector development and testing for FAIR (BMBF+GSI projects T.Cowan and K. Zuber, PhD theses T. Reinhardt, M. Röder and D. Yakorev)
- Positron annihilation spectroscopy (Collaboration with Martin-Luther University Halle, PhD Thesis M. Butterling)
Experiments at other facilities
- LUNA Gran Sasso/Italy, study of proton- and alpha-induced reactions (DFG project D. Bemmerer, PhD thesis M. Anders, Diploma thesis M. Menzel)
Publications on LUNA
- Dresden ion beam center and Felsenkeller shallow-underground facility, experiments for astrophysics (DFG project and NAVI virtual institute D. Bemmerer, PhD thesis K. Schmidt, Diploma theses L. Wagner and S. Reinicke)
- High-intensity gamma-ray source (HIgS), Duke University und Triangle Universities Nuclear Laboratory (TUNL), Durham, NC, USA (Part of the dissertation of R. Massarczyk)
- Konan University Japan, laser inverse Compton scattering (part of PhD thesis C. Nair)
- TUNL, Duke, North-Carolina, laser inverse Compton scattering at HIgS
- GSI Darmstadt, structure of exotic nuclei (BMBF+GSI projects T. Cowan and K. Zuber, PhD thesis T. Reinhardt, M. Röder, D. Yakorev)
- Photoabsorption in the low-energy tail of the giant dipole resonance, Nilsson plus RPA model
- 2011 / 2011 / 2010 / 2009 / 2008 / 2007 / 2006 / 2005 / 2004 / 2003 / 2002 / 2001 / 2000 / 1999 / 1998 / 1997
Third party funded projects
- EU-FP6 "EFNUDAT", A. Junghans (2007-2010)
- EU-FP7 "ERINDA", A. Junghans (2010-2013)
- BMBF "Energie 2020+", A. Junghans (2009-2012)
- BMBF "Hadronen- und Kernphysik", T. Cowan / A. Wagner (2009-2012)
- GSI F+E, A. Wagner (2007-2010)
- Helmholtz association, partner in virtual institute NAVI, D. Bemmerer (2011-2016)
- DFG "alpha capture for astrophysics", D. Bemmerer (2009-2014)
- DFG "Photodissoziation des Deuterons", A. Junghans (2008-2011)
- DFG "Influence of nuclear deformation on the electromagnetic response", R. Schwengner (2010-2013)
- Organizers of the international "Workshop on modern methods using fast neutrons for research related to the transmutation of nuclear waste", Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany, February 13 - 15, 2008.
- Long Night of Science Dresden, every year
- Open laboratory at Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, every year
- Organizers of the international conference on "Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics", 26.03.-31.03.2007, Dresden
- FZD lectures, lectures at Technische Universität Dresden (D. Bemmerer, A. Junghans, A. Wagner)
- Workshop on Gamma Strength and Level Density in Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Technology, Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, August 30 to September 3, 2010
- Meeting of the german positron groups, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, 28.02.-01.03.2012.
- Workshop on Porosimetry, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, 18.07.2012.
- We routinely offer laboratory internships for high-school students and university students. Please, contact Dr. Andreas Wagner for further informations.
National and international collaborations
- Inst. für Kern- und Teilchenphysik, Tech. Univ. Dresden (K. Zuber)
- GSI Darmstadt (KaoS, FRS, LAND and R3B collaborations)
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle (Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät II, Prof. R. Krause-Rehberg)
- Charles University Prague, Czech Republic (F. Becvar, M. Krticka, I. Prochazka, J. Cizek, J. Kuriplach)
- EFNUDAT collaboration
- LUNA collaboration
- ATOMKI, Debrecen, Hungary (Zs. Fülöp)