Mobile version: On
International Workshop on
Advanced Techniques in Actinide Spectroscopy 2014 (ATAS 2014)03.–07.11.2014, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V., Germany
Complementary application of various spectroscopic techniques and their combination with theoretical approaches can lead to a more profound understanding of structures, thermo dynamics and kinetics of actinide complex formation. The workshop focuses on recent advances in actinide chemistry from both a spectroscopic and theoretical point of view. It covers vibrational spectroscopy (IR and Raman), laser-induced spectroscopy (luminescence and photoacoustic), X-ray based spectroscopies (XAS, XPS), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), mass spectrometries (AMS, ESI MS), and quantum chemical calculations.
Furthermore, an inter-laboratory Round-Robin test is currently in progress, using a simple chemical system investigated by different techniques at different research institutions. The test aims at a unique comparison of molecular information obtained from the different spectroscopic and theoretical methods. An extra session is planned for comprehensive discussion of the results.
Dates and Deadlines
- June 27:Deadline for abstract submission
- August 31:Notification of abstracts acceptance
- June 2 - September 8:Early-Bird Registration
- September 9 - November 7:Registration
- November 3 - 7:International Workshop on Advanced Techniques in Actinide Spectroscopy
- Early-Bird Registration:300 Euro (June 2 - September 8)
- Registration:375 Euro (September 9 - November 7)
- Rizlan Bernier-Latmani (École polytechn. féd. de Lausanne, CH)
- Jean-François Boily (Umeå University, SE)
- Steven D. Conradson (Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA)
- Louise Natrajan (University of Manchester, UK)
- Georg Schreckenbach (University of Manitoba, CA)
See Location for more information.