Department of Semiconductor Materials (FWIM)
The department is concerned with the synthesis and modification of advanced materials for opto-electronics and quantum technology by ion beams and by millisecond flash lamp/nanosecond pulsed laser. It is equipped with tools for ultra-fast annealing and thin film deposition as well as with cutting-edge devices for the electrical, optical and magnetic investigation of materials. The research work is performed in close collaboration with other departments at the HZDR including the Ion Beam Center (IBC), ELBE and the High Magnetic Field Lab.
Third party projects:
- DFG-DACH: Quantum control of single spin centers in silicon carbide coupled to optical microcavities, start from 2019
- DFG: 3D tailoring of all-oxide heterostructures by ion beams (3D-Domino), start from 2019
- DFG: Doping by means of FLA and ALD, start 2018
- Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers, Y. Berencén, 06/16 – 05/19
- SAB project SiNERGY, 09/17 – 09/19