Current Topics of Reactor Safety Research in Germany
Plant Behaviour and Coupling with Reactor Physics
Loss of Coolant Accidents with Release of Insulating Material
Technical Meeting of the KTG-Sections
Dates: October 7-8, 2010
The sections "Reactor Safety", "Thermo- and Fluiddynamics" and "Reactor Physics and Calculation Methods" of the "Kerntechnische Gesellschaft e.V." are arranging a two day meeting on "Current Topics of Reactor Safety Research".
The meeting will be held on October 7th and 8th, 2010 at the "Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (FZD).
The presentions will address the coupling between reactor physics and plant behaviour as well as the control of loss of coolant accidents with release of insulation material. Special emphasis will be placed among other items on transients and uncertainty analyses and on safeguards for emergency cooling for PWR and BWR.
The presentations will be held by representitives of the licensing authorities, researchers, manufacturers and operating companies. The meeting will take place in the auditorium/library of the Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf. The presentations will be held in english and german. They will be published on a special meeting CD-ROM.
The meeting will be organized by the Institute of Safety Research of the Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf.
Program advisory board
- F.-P. Weiß, Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
- Th. Höhne, Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
- R. Holzer, NIS Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
- H. Liemersdorf, Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit mbH
- H. Ohlmeyer, Vattenfall Europe Nuclear Energy GmbH
- A. Pautz, Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit mbH
- D. Porsch, AREVA NP GmbH
- U. Rohde, Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
- A. Schaffrath, TÜV Nord SysTec GmbH & Co. KG
- U. Stoll, AREVA NP GmbH
- U. Waas, AREVA NP GmbH
- H. G. Willschütz, E.ON Kernkraft GmbH
The advisory board has been formed by representatives of the 3 KTG sections.