News / Events / Outreach activities
You'd like to know about the latest events? Every year, we organize several meetings, seminars, workshops and other events to present our work. Here you can keep up to date with the topics of greatest interest, the latest conferences and Outreach activities.
- Summer Talks (July 2016 at HZDR) // Invited speakers: Prof. Carlos Lodeiro Espiño, Prof. Luca Prodi and Prof. Eléna Ishow // Update: Poster now online!
- NanoTracking Seminar "Selection and application of protein based binders for biological and non-biological targets" by Dr. Purvi Jain from the Institute of Biosciences and Medical Technology (BioMediTech), University of Tampere, Finland (June 30, 2016 at HZDR)
- Invited Talk "Radio-labelled nanomaterials for cancer diagnostics and treatment" by Dr. Holger Stephan at the kick off meeting of ICARO (Colloidal Inorganic Nanostructures for Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy), June 10, 2016 at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Sestri Levante (Genua), Italy
- NanoTracking Seminar "Emerging possibilities of polyoxometalates to act as hosts for radionuclides" by Prof. Ulrich Kortz from the Department of Life Sciences & Chemistry, Jacobs University Bremen (February 19, 2016 at HZDR)
- Congratulations to our PhD students Garima Singh and Kritee Pant on winning the "Excellent Poster Presentation Award" and the "Excellent Shotgun Presentation Award", respectively, at the 2nd International Symposium on Nanoparticles/Nanomaterials and Applications (ISN2A 2016)
|NanoTracking team member and PhD student Garima Singh receives the "Excellent Poster Presentation Award" at the 2nd International Symposium on Nanoparticles/Nanomaterials and Applications held near Lisbon, Portugal in January 2016!|
|Foto: Garima Singh|
|And also the "Excellent Shotgun Presentation Award" goes to an NanoTracking team member: to our PhD student Kritee Pant!|
|Foto: Kritee Pant|
- NanoTracking Seminar "Exosomes as ultra-sensitive biomarkers for the non-invasive diagnosis of early gastro-intestinal cancer" by Dr. Christoph Kahlert from the Department of Gastrointestinal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universität Dresden (October 15, 2015 at HZDR)
- Fourth Annual Meeting (September 23 to 25, 2015 at Lipari, Italy) // During the meeting, PhD students, post docs and principle investigators of the NanoTracking consortium reported on the scientific progress achieved within the last year. Moreover, invited talks were given by the members of the scientific advisory board Silvia Jurisson and Roger Alberto and plans for the remaining months of the project funding as well as new funding opportunities were discussed. In a tutorial subsequent to the annual meeting, Teresa Pellegrino (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), Genova, Italy) and Fabian Kiessling (ExMI – Experimental Molecular Imaging, Aachen, Germany) presented very interesting lectures regarding their scientific studies.
- Summer Talks (July 2015 at HZDR) // Invited speakers: Prof. Gilles Gasser, Prof. Silvio Aime, Prof. Nicholas Westwood // Update: Poster now online
- Welcome to Dr. Massimo Sgarzi from the group of Prof. Luca Prodi at University of Bologna!
- Welcome to our new Indian PhD student Garima Singh! She will continue the work on ultrasmall silicon nanoparticles.
- Invited Talk "Single-domain antibodies for specific nanoparticle targeting of the EGF-receptor" by Dr. Kristof Zarschler at the Scientific Symposium "Targeting tumor angiogenesis with antibody-based technologies" (June 8, 2015 at Centro Nacional de Biotecnología in Madrid, Spain)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Hybrid organic-inorganic light-harvesting antennae" by Prof. Paola Ceroni from University of Bologna, Department of Chemistry, Bologna, Italy (April 9, 2015 at HZDR)
- HPLC Workshop Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der HPLC in den Lebenswissenschaften (March 11, 2015 at HZDR)
- Third Annual Meeting (December 5 to 8, 2014 at Gold Coast and Brisbane) // Subsequent to AsBIC7, the 2014 Annual Meeting of was held at Gold Coast and in Brisbane. During the meeting, two invited talks were given by Allan Sherry (Advanced Imaging Research Center, UT Southwestern, Dallas) and Rajiv Bhalla (Centre for Advanced Imaging, The University of Queensland, Brisbane) and the outcomes of the mid-term evaluation were discussed. Furthermore, PhD students, post docs and their principle investigators of the cooperating scientific groups reported on the scientific progress achieved within the last year. The annual meeting also included a very informative tour of the Centre for Advanced Imaging at the University of Queensland in Brisbane. This year’s NanoTracking annual meeting was excellently organized by the Monash group and represented an outstanding platform for fruitful discussions and an active exchange of ideas.
- Australia is calling! Several NanoTracking fellows including early-stage researchers presented excellent contributions at the 7th Asian Biological Inorganic Chemistry Conference (AsBIC7) held at Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Besides keynote lectures, invited lectures and oral presentations, the HVI was represented by six high-quality posters, whereof three were chosen for the poster slam. In this competition Andreas Haderspeck from the Herten group clinched first place. Moreover, Nadia Licciardello from the De Cola group was awarded with a poster prize.
Summer Talks (July and August 2014 at HZDR) // Invited speakers: Prof. Luisa De Cola, Prof. Wolfgang Parak, Prof. Serge Muyldermans, Prof. Phil Andrews // Update: Poster now online
- Successful mid-term evaluation for NanoTracking! The Helmholtz Virtual Institute NanoTracking passed successfully the mid-term evaluation, which was held on 2 July 2014 at the Berlin office of the Helmholtz association. A team of eight delegates (Luisa De Cola, Nadia Licciardello, Karina Pombo-Garcia, Louise Rocks, Nils Cordes, Peter Comba, Holger Stephan, and Kristof Zarschler) presented the project to the evaluation panel and answered their questions.
- Fourth Workshop Molecular Imaging in Lifescience (June 26, 2014 here at HZDR) // Invited speakers in the Nanomaterial session: Dr. Guillermo Orts-Gil, Dr. Teresa Pellegrino, Dr. Eugene Mahon, Dr. Kristof Zarschler
- HPLC Workshop Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der HPLC in den Lebenswissenschaften (March 12, 2014 at HZDR) // Update: Picture gallery now online!
- NanoTracking Seminar "Polymer-Supported Radiopharmaceuticals" by Dr. Martin Hruby (March 6, 2014 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Scrutinizing nanoparticles by scattering methods: advantages and drawbacks of DLS" by Dr. Guillermo Orts-Gil (January 30, 2014 at HZDR)
- Summer Talks (August 2013 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "EGFR as potential cancer target: Yesterday's visions and today's hopes" by Prof. Nils Cordes (June 13, 2013 at HZDR)
- Third Workshop Molecular Imaging in Lifescience (June 6, 2013 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Functional POMs and Oxides for Environmental and Biomedical Challenges" by Prof. Greta Patzke (March 21, 2013 at HZDR) // Update: Postponed to March 22, 2013
- NanoTracking Seminar "Polyoxometalates with Biological Potential" by Prof. Ulrich Kortz (February 21, 2013 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Strategies for Assembling Metallo-Supramolecular Structures" by Prof. Leonard F. Lindoy (November 2, 2012 at HZDR)
- First Annual Meeting (October 14 to 16, 2012 in Dublin) Official announcement, program and UCD Campus Map // Update: Report and picture gallery
- Second Workshop Molecular Imaging in Lifescience (June 20, 2012 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Biological Applications of Copper Complexes" by Prof. Leone Spiccia (May 21, 2012 at HZDR)
- NanoTracking Seminar "Single-molecule methods in the life-sciences and in chemistry" by Dr. Dirk-Peter Herten (April 26, 2012 at HZDR)