Research and Development in Information Technology
In addition to the IT services for the HZDR, the Department of Information Technology is driving some development topics. Those are for example:
- Visualization of extensive simulation and measurement data in 3D space and the development of interactive user interfaces to analyse and manipulate those data
- Interactive simulation of fire-fighting missions using immersive visualization (VR)
- Massive parallel Computation of physical phenomena using GPU
- Identity Management Solutions
- Information-Security in the field of Cloud Computing
Conferences and Workshops
- On the occasion of the completion of the expansion of the HZDR data center and the Supercomputer Hydra a scientific colloquium on "Supercomputing at the HZDR" took place on December 12th, 2012.
- From 6. to the 10th of September 2010 an international workshop on "Innovations in Information Technology" was organized at the HZDR. More than 50 scientists from 5 different countries participated in that workshop, the work was organized in 3 sections and 9 topic-oriented sessions.
The scientific results of the workshop have been published in the workshop proceedings (ISBN: 978-3-941405-10-3). This paper is available under the following link in Open Access.
On the topics mentioned the Department information technology is actively participating in international congresses and workshops with own publications.