Advisory Boards for the Research Infrastructures at HZDR
The following research infrastructures at HZDR are open to external users,
- Center for High Power Radiation Sources (ELBE)
- Ion Beam Center (IBC).
- Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory (HLD).
Detailed information on the application for access to these infrastructures is available from the corresponding websites.
All user proposals are evaluated by international advisory boards.
Scientific excellence is the predominant evaluation criterion.
As HZDR is striving for encreasing the fraction of women in science, of young researchers and of new users these target groups are particularly encouraged to submit proposals.
The members ot the Scientific Advisory Board for ELBE are:
- Prof. Joachim Stroth, Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Chair, nuclear physics and detector development)
- Dr. Alexey Kimel, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands (FEL-experiments)
- Dr. Marie-Emmanuelle Couprie, Synchrotron Soleil, Gif-sur-Yvette, France (FEL-experiments and machine development)
- Prof. Karl Unterrainer, TU Wien, Austria (FEL-experiments)
- Dr. Christoph Hugenschmidt, FRMII, TU München, Germany (experiments with positrons)
- Prof. Thomas Dekorsy, Universität Konstanz, Germany (FEL-experiments)
- Dr. Jens Knobloch, BESSY II, Helmholzzentrum Berlin, Germany (machine development)
- Dr. Frank Gunsing, CEA Saclay, Gif-sur-Yvette, Frankreich (neutron experiments)
- Prof. Benedict N. Murdin, University of Surrey, Guildford, U.K. (FEL-experiments)
- Prof. Rolf Diller,Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany (FEL-experiments)
- Prof. Dirk Schwalm, Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, Heidelberg, Germany and Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel (nuclear physics, detector development, neutrons, molecules)
- Dr. Ian Kuriplach, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic (experiments with positrons)
- Prof. Rupert Huber, University of Regensburg, Germany (FEL-experiments)
The members of the User Selection Panel for the IBC are:
- Dr. Paul Alkemade,TU Delft, Netherland
- Prof. Dr. Günther Dollinger, UBW München, Germany
- Dr. Adrian Finch, St. Andrews University, Scotland, UK
- Dr. Oliver Forstner, FSU Jena, Germany
- Dr. Raul Gago,MatScience Institute, Madrid, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Karsten Haase, GeoZentrum Nordbayern, Erlangen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Hubert Gnaser, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Dr. Gunther Korschinek, TU München, Germany
- Dr. Henning Lebius, Centre de Recherche sur les Ions, Caen, France
- Dr. Katharina Lorenz, ITN Lisbon, Portugal
- Dr. Anna Mackova, Nuclear Physics Rez, Czech Republic
- Prof. Dr. Siegfried Mantl, FZ Jülich, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Jan Meijer, Uni Leipzig, Germany
- Dr. Axel Müller, NGU Trondheim, Norway
- Dr. Ina Reiche, LAMS Paris, CNRS,France
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Ronning, FSU Jena, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Vladimir Slugen, University of Bratislava, Slovakia
- Dr. Peter Steier, University of Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Kristiaan Temst, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Dr. Christina Trautmann, GSI Darmstadt, Germany