Transnational Access Programme in the framework of the EU project CALIPSO
HZDR is participating in the Infrastructures project CALIPSO which is funded by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Programme. CALIPSO pools all European synchrotrones and FELs, offering transnational open access based on excellence. Any researcher employed at an institution located in an EU member state or affiliated country other than the host infrastructure is eligible, provided a corresponding project proposal has been submitted and accepted by the user selection panel of the respective infrastructure, i.e. FELBE. The user then can apply for a reimbursement of the expenses for travel and accommodation during the stay.
If you are eligible from the geographical point of view and if you would like to apply for financial support for carrying out your experiment at FELBE, please indicated this on the application form (top 13). You will receive information about approval or rejection of your request together with the result of the proposal evaluation.
Please note that approval of the FELBE proposal does not necessarily imply the acceptance of the request for funding by CALIPSO!
For the reimbursement the German federal regulations for business trips (Bundesreisekostengesetz) have to be obeyed.
The following rules have to be observed:
- Preference must be given to the most economical means of transportation.
- Travelling by car generally requires the approval by the host institution.
- A flat rate of 0.20 EUR/km plus motorway tolls is being reimbursed against production of receipts. The maximum number of kilometers is calculated on the basis of two times the shortest distance between the place of the home institution and the HZDR.
- Costs for car rental and fuel can only be reimbursed in clearly justified cases (e.g. transport of equipment).
- Taxi costs will only be reimbursed when they were inevitable
- For the accommodation a maximum of 60 EUR/ night can be reimbursed. Therefore it is strongly recommended to book rooms in the HZDR guesthouse. To this end please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible and specify your requirements. If you stay in a hotel then please ask the receipt to be addressed to Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V:
- In order to request a reimbursement, please send an informal letter after you will have returned to you home institution. This letter has to contain the originals of all tickets, boarding passes and receipts of costs which shall be reimbursed, as well as the details of the bank account (including BIC & IBAN cose) to which the reimbursement shall be transferred. Please address this letter to
Dr. Barbara Schramm
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V: