Vacancy Notice No. 61E/2016
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e. V. (HZDR) has an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for research in the sectors health, energy and matter with more than 1,100 employees. HZDR is a member of Germany`s largest research organisation – Helmholtz Association (HGF).
Further information can be found at http://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Department Structural Materials, invites applications as
Research Scientist (m/f)
The position will be available from 1 November 2016. The employment contract is limited to two years. Full-time or part-time employment is possible. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- very good PhD in Physics or Materials Science
- experience in TEM
- basic knowledge on metallic materials, crystallography and deformation mechanisms
- publication in peer-review journals
- collaboration in the team as well as participation in international conferences and project meetings
- very good English skills
- working on the field of steels for nuclear applications including characterization (nm to mm length scale) and deformation mechanisms
- major topic is TEM in general as well as in-situ deformation experiments on steels in the TEM. The subject includes contributions to the sample preparation.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Frank Bergner, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 3186 or Dr. Cornelia Heintze, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 3431.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19