Vacancy Notice No. 64E/2016
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e. V. (HZDR) has an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for research in the sectors health, energy and matter with more than 1,100 employees. HZDR is a member of Germany`s largest research organisation – Helmholtz Association (HGF).
Further information can be found at http://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of invites applications as
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f)
The position will be available from 1 December 2016. The employment contract is limited to two years (with an option on prolongation). The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden.
- very good PhD in nuclear, particle, or medical physics
- excellent academic knowledge in the fields of nuclear physics, interactions of radiation with matter, detector physics, electronics, analog and digital signal processing
- strong interest in experimental work combined with software development for data acquisition, data analysis, and modeling
- hands-on experience in operating nuclear radiation detectors and corresponding electronics
- hands-on experience in object-oriented programming (e.g. in C++ or Python)
- hands-on experience with tools for processing and analysing of complex Iist-mode data (Root) and/or with detector Simulation tools (Geant4) is desirable
- translational research in the fields of range verification in particle therapy using secondary radiation signatures and new approaches to gamma-ray imaging
- self-dependent research activities with responsibility for sub-projects
- publication of research results in peer-reviewed journals and conference contributions
- supervision of undergraduate and gratuate students
- participation in project acquisition (preparation of proposals) and in administrative tasks
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Guntram Pausch, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2358.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19