Vacancy Notice No. 68E/2016
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e. V. (HZDR) has an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for research in the sectors health, energy and matter with more than 1,100 employees. HZDR is a member of Germany`s largest research organisation – Helmholtz Association (HGF).
Further information can be found at https://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Radiation Physics invites applications as
PhD student (m/f)
the position will be available from 1 January 2017. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19,5 hours per week. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- Master or Diploma in Computer Science or Physics with very good marks
- readiness to work in an international team
- knowledge in the following areas are desirable:
- evaluation and erroranalysis of experimental data
- identification and benchmarking of algortythms for optimization and compression
- knowledge in FPGA programming
- Create and test a concept for data processing and data analysis data in real time at highest repetiton rates at the TELBE THz user facility.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Sergey Kovalev, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2454 or Dr. Michael Gensch, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2464.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19