Vacancy Notice No. 69E/2016
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR) is a research institute with approximately 1,100 employees and member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres. Its interdisciplinary scientific priorities are in the research areas of health, energy, and matter. The work is carried out in close cooperation within the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university institutes and industry.
The Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology invites applications as
PhD student (m/f)
The position will be available from 1 December 2016. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 75 % of the normal collectively agreed work hours under TVöD. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The places of work are Dresden and Freiberg.
- Diploma or Master's degree with very good marks in bioprocess engineering, biotechnology or related field
- knowledge in microbiology, chemistry of natural products, geochemistry, analytical methods
- experiences in the cultivation of microorganisms, isolation of microbial products
- experimental skills, ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- willingness to write a doctorate
- interest in applied research and work in an interdisciplinary project at the HZDR-research sites in Dresden-Rossendorf and Freiberg
- willingness to travel (research stays in Santiago de Chile)
- good English skills
- cultivation of halophilic microorganisms, optimisation of cultivation conditions
- isolation and characterisation of microbial components and products
- development of bioflotation processes: application of biocomponents for the separation of minerals of copper-molybdenum ores, perfomance of Iabflotation experiments
- characterisation of the bioflotation process: characterisation of surface modifications, analysis of process chemistry, investigations on pulp and froth properties
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Katrin Pollmann, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2946 or Dr. Martin Rudolph, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4410, +49 3731 39 3450.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
PO Box 51 01 19