ATI 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV turns your PC into a high-powered 3D and 2D graphics-capable machine with PC and TV display capabilities. With up to 4MB memory and featuring detailed texture-mapped graphics in 65,000 vibrant colors, you'll enjoy outstanding 3D performance as your add 3D elements to design or multimedia projects. Plus you'll enjoy awesome 2D application performance, full-screen, full-motion, TV-quality MPEG video and TV output display, letting you play games, watch videos or surf the Internet with a big-screen experience. Best of all, ATI's Multimedia Channel (AMC) protects against obsolescence by providing an upgrade path to new multimedia technologies.
3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV
DIAMOND STEALTH 3D 2000XL Output to TV 3D Texturing (Bilinear) Smooth Video Scaling
Incredible 3D Gaming
Featuring up to 4MB of fast, single cycle memory and Windows 95 Direct3D acceleration. Experience amazing gameplay never before seen on your PC, with highly detailed 65,000 color texture-mapped graphics. With ATI's PC2TV feature, play Windows or DOS games on your big screen TV for a truly engaging game experience!
High Performance 2D and 3D Graphics
3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV provides blazing 64-bit acceleration for 2D applications, displaying images on the screen instantly. Display 3D graphics, games, Internet, illustration and animation applications in life-like detail and realism with 65,000 color graphics, superior hardware acceleration and higher frame rates. It's like doubling the power of your processor.
Superior 3D Performance
Comprehensive 3D hardware accelerated feature set including:
Superior 2D Performance1
Boost the graphics performance of Windows 95 and Direct3D with 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV. Featuring blazing speed, awesome 3D gaming capabilities, intense full color graphics, this new multimedia accelerator board will make all your business and home computing projects easier and faster than ever before!
1Test conducted on a P5-200 system using Microsoft Direct3D Fill Rate test in bi-linear.
Big Screen TV Out Display
Make the family room PC a reality! Connect your PC to a big screen television for the most immersive, flicker-free visual experience to play games or watch TV-quality MPEG videos with display resolutions up to 800x600. Or use ATI's PC2TV feature for business presentations, training and education on large TV monitors. Output directly to tape by connecting the 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV to your VCR for video editing. Supports virtually any television or VCR with NTSC or PAL support, and includes S-Video, composite and SCART* connectors.
Amazing Video Quality
Experience the best full-screen, full-motion MPEG video, as if you were watching it on your TV. Get brilliant color, full-screen, full-motion playback in Windows 95 or 3.1x without additional hardware.
¹ Simulation of quality achieved with scaled video.
Other Video ATI Video¹
Get the features Microsoft left out of Windows 95
- TV Display
- Adjust color contrast and image size easily for TV output
- Virtual Desktop
- Increase application workspace
- Screen Adjust
- Change monitor and screen settings within Windows 95
- ATI Help Wizards
- On-screen guide optimizes your card and display
- Plug & Play
- For easy hardware, monitor and driver installation
- ATI Video Player
- Play MPEG or video with simple VCR controls
Powerful Multimedia Expansion
ATI's Multimedia Channel (AMC) protects against obsolescence by providing an upgrade path to new multimedia technologies. Add powerful, yet affordable options, including ATI's TV tuner option, the complete TV tuner and video capture solution for your PC!
- Pentium/Pentium Pro or compatible systems with PCI Local Bus. Videos require CD-ROM drive
- Games require CD-ROM drive and minimum Pentium processor (100MHz) and 12MB of RAM
Windows 95, Windows 3.1x, Windows NT v3.51 / v4.0, DirectX, OS/2, AutoCAD and VESA drivers
- PC monitor: 15-pin VGA
- TV and VCR: S-Video, Composite and SCART* (cables included)
- ATI Multimedia Channel (AMC) for expansion options
The out of box components include the following:
- 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV, 2MU4 (or 4MB) SGRAM, PCI board
- 5 CD-ROM discs with the following:
- MechWarrior 2 by Activision
- WipeOut by Psygnosis
- Wirl 3D Interactive VR Browser by VREAM
- 3D Vision and PhotoSuite 3.5 for Windows 95 by MGI
- ATI DRIVER CD with MPEG clips (v3.0)
- Bundles for RETAIL versions only
- Windows 3.1x graphics and video drivers; AutoCAD, MicroStation and IBM OS/2 Warp 3.0 graphics drivers
- Windows 95 graphics and video drivers
- Windows NT graphics drivers (supports v3.50, v3.51 and v4.0)
- Microsoft DirectX2 which provides Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectVideo, etc.
- Video for Windows Runtime Player (v1.1E) for use with the ATI Video Player under Windows 3.1x
- ATI Video Player
- Sample MPEG-1 clips (about 60 minutes worth)
- 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV Online User's Guide
- Customer Support and Warranty Guide
- Composite and S-Video cables for North American version
- International English, French, German and Japanese versions with include the above in those languages plus a CE Regulatory compliance addendum in the appropriate language.
1. Test conducted on a P5-200 system with Microsoft Direct3D Fill Rate at 65,000 colors bi-linear. 2. Simulation of quality achieved with scaled video. Software MPEG technology by CompCore Multimedia Inc. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision Inc. MechWarrior is a registered trademark of FASA CORPORATION. Psygnosis and Wipeout are trademarks of Psygnosis Ltd. WIRL is a registered trademark of VREAM Inc. PhotoSuite is a registered trademark of MGI. Kit components manufactured in one of more of the following countries: Canada and Taiwan.
- ATI 3D RAGE II video & graphics accelerator
- 2MB upgradeable or 4MB memory
- Hi-resolution 1600x1200 non-interlaced graphics
- 16.7 million colors up to 1280x1024 resolution
- Flicker-free refresh rates up to 200Hz
- PCI Local Bus 2.1 compliant
- VESA DDC1/2b monitor compliant
- Flicker-free TV out display with S-Video, Composite and SCART* connectors
- Available in either NTSC or PAL versions
Resolutions, Colors and Refresh Rates1
Minimum recommended monitor size.2 4M Memory Required3
Resolutions 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x1024 1600x1200 256 Colors 60-200 60-200 60-150 60-120 60-90 60 65K Colors 60-200 60-160 60-140 60-100 60-903 603 16.7M Colors 60-200 60-160 60-1203 60-853 60-903 - Rec. Monitor size2 14"+ 15"+ 17"+ 17"+ 19"+ 21"
All modes supported in 256, 65K, and 16.7M colors. TV Refresh Rates: 60Hz (NTSC), 50Hz or 60Hz (PAL)
TV Resolution 320x200 320x240 320x350 320x400 360x200 360x240 360x400 400x300 512x384 640x350 640x400 640x480 720x350 720x400 800x600
ATI Technologies Inc. 1998. All rights reserved
3D Resolutions & Colors (double buffered)4 640x480 800x600 1024x768 65K COLORS 2MB 2MB 4MB 16.7M COLORS 2MB 4MB -
1This list shows a range of refresh rates. Other selections are available. Supports all VESA monitor standards. User adjustable timings to support non-standard monitors. Some display modes and color depths may not be available with all drivers.