Student practical training / Master theses / Diploma theses / Volunteer internship
Development of a numerical model for the simulation of aerosol spread (Id 349)
As part of the CORAERO joint project (Airborne Transmission of SARS Coronavirus - From Fundamental Science to Efficient Air Cleaning Systems) funded by the Helmholtz Association, we are working on scientific issues relating to the formation of virus-laden aerosols, their thermodynamics and propagation in rooms, as well as strategies and technologies to prevent aerosol-borne infections.
In this context, we are looking for a highly motivated student (f/m/d) to work on the development of numerical models for the simulation of dynamic situations. Ideally, the model should reproduce the spread of exhaled aerosols while a person walks. An immersed boundary method is available in the group and will be further developed.
Institute: Institute of Fluid Dynamics
- General interest in fluid mechanics
- Preliminary experience in code development (c++) is desirable
- Good written and oral communication skills in either English or German
- Either an immediate start or a start in 2023 is possible
- Duration of the internship is anticipated to be 6 months but can be modified according to study regulations
- Remuneration according to HZDR internal regulations