Publications Repository - Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf
|Total number to be selected: 1 Title record|
Ultrafast X-ray tomography raw-data of bubbly two-phase pipe flow around a semi-circular constriction
For the investigation of bubbly two-phase flow, which should serve as a future benchmark experiment for CFD code validation, an experimental study has been conducted at the Transient Two-Phase Flow (TOPFLOW) facility at Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden – Rossendorf (HZDR) using ultrafast electron beam X-ray tomography (UFXRAY). In this study, flow constrictions were installed into a pipe to create a generic three-dimensional flow field as an advanced test case for CFD codes. UFXRAY provide valueable data of the gas phase dynamics with high temporal and spatial resolution.
The provided data set contains tomography raw-data for the experimental series L30 that uses a semi-circular flow constriction with a blockage ratio of 0.5.
For visualization, the data might be opend with Fiji. Therefore choose Import->Raw... In the following window specify "Image type" as 16-bit Unsigned, "Width" as 288 pixels and "Height" as 500 pixels for 2x1000Hz measurement or 200 pixels for 2x2500Hz measurement. Make sure that "Little-endian byte order" is checked. A data set contains image frames of both scanning planes in alternating order. Therefore, if only a single scanning plane is required, the offset and gap parameters need to be set to 288000 bytes for 2x1000Hz measurement or 115200 bytes for 2x2500Hz measurement.
Keywords: ultrafast X-ray computed tomography; bubbly two-phase flow; three-dimensional flow field; two-phase pipe flow
- Hydrodynamic experimental benchmark data of bubbly … (Id 29887) is supplemented by this (Id 29353) publication
- Hydrodynamic experimental benchmark data of bubbly … (Id 29886) is part of this (Id 29353) publication
- Ultrafast X-ray tomography image data of bubbly two-phase … (Id 29885) is supplemented by this (Id 29353) publication
- Ultrafast X-ray tomography image data of bubbly two-phase … (Id 29882) is part of this (Id 29353) publication
- Ultrafast X-ray tomography raw-data of bubbly two-phase … (Id 29354) is part of this (Id 29353) publication
Reseach data in the HZDR data repository RODARE
Publication date: 2019-06-26