Publications Repository - Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf
|Total number to be selected: 1 Title record|
Numerical framework for a morphology adaptive multi-field two-fuid model in OpenFOAMMeller, R.; Schlegel, F.; Lucas, D.
A solver for multiphase flows based on the incompressible Eulerian multi-field two-fluid model for the OpenFOAM release of The OpenFOAM Foundation for numerical simulations of multiphase flows with morphology changes and resolved interfaces.
- morphology adaptive modeling framework for modelling of dispersed and resolved interfaces based on Eulerian multi-field two-fluid model
- compact interpolation method according to Cubero et al. (Comput Chem Eng, 2014, Vol. 62, 96-107), including virtual mass
- numerical drag according to Strubelj and Tiselj (Int J Numer Methods Eng, 2011, Vol. 85, 575-590) to describe resolved interfaces in a volume-of-fluid like manner
- strong phase coupling resolved by partial elimination algorithm
- selected test cases:
- a two-dimensional gas bubble, rising in a liquid, which is laden with micro gas bubbles, and
- a two-dimensional stagnant stratification of water and oil, sharing a large-scale interface
Keywords: OpenFOAM, C++, CFD, Finite volume method, Multiphase flow, Multi-field two-fluid model, Eulerian-Eulerian model, Momentum interpolation, Partial elimination algorithm
Software in the HZDR data repository RODARE
Publication date: 2020-04-06