HZDR Innovation Contest
Are you an employee, guest scientist or a scholar at the HZDR and interested in technology and knowledge transfer? Do you have an idea on how one could transform your research results or scientific knowledge into a marketable product or service? In that case, the HZDR Innovation Contest is for you!
In order to identify commercialisation ideas that have emerged at the HZDR, and to systematically assist in their further development, the HZDR invites its scientific employees to participate in the 4. HZDR Innovation Contest!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The three best teams receive personal monetary rewards:
- 1. place: €1.500
- 2. place: €1.000
- 3. place: €500
Additionally, the successful competitors have the possibilty to obtain up to €200.000 in funding from the HZDR Innovation Fund for the validation and further development of their idea. The exact amount will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Often, the provided financial support will take the form of co-financing, and also own funds are required.
The participants apply using the provided template, stating their name, motivation, and providing a short sketch of the idea. The participants send their application forms to email@example.com
The participants can apply individually or as a team. However, in the workshop, the idea should be refined in teams of at least two participants. For individual participants, we will therefore provide at least one additional person to the team. Teams may consist of interested scientists, students, student assistants, innovation managers and/or external experts.
The workshop, where the teams draw up an exploitation plan for their ideas with the help of external mentors, forms the core of the competition. The focus of the workshop is not exclusively on founding spin-offs, but also on technology transfer to existing companies (license, sale, contract R&D) and knowledge transfer to society. Depending on the number of partcipants, 1-2 workshop days will be organised.
- 30.06.2020: Info session: detailed information on the contest (building 114 / room 202)
- 16.10.2020: Deadline for applications - application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 19.-23.10.2020: Pre-selection of high-potential ideas by the jury, based on the applications
- Week 45: Notifying of the participants
- 01./02.12.2020: Workshop on further development of the pre-selected ideas with the help of external mentors, 1-2 workshop days depending on the number of participants
- February 2021: Awards ceremony (HZDR-Preisverleihung)
- From the 1st quarter 2021: Coordination of further support and financing for the successful teams
Application & further info
Sebastian Löbelt-Friedrich, dresden|exists, tel.: 0351 463-31627 / email@example.com
Melanie Giebel, Technology Transfer & Innovation, tel.: 0351 260 - 2062 / firstname.lastname@example.org