HZDR Research Talks
The HZDR Research Talks usually take place on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
The next dates are:
July 8, 2020 as Live Video Presentation
"Methods for more efficiency in water resource recovery" by Dr. Dr. Sebastian Reinecke (Department of Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics, Institute of Fluid Dynamics)
Availability of clean water is of highest relevance to secure future development of society and industry, especially when we consider the stress of freshwater resources in future scenarios due to growing global population and impacts of climate change. Efficient treatment of polluted water is therefore crucial and shall allow to reduce stress of natural resources by recovering valuable resources in the wastewater, namely clean water, nutrients, minerals and energy, with highest efficiency and flexibility. The talk will present the current associated scientific topics of the working group touching the fields of fluid dynamics and (bio)chemical engineering. Moreover, the sustainable technological and system approaches covered by the recently started Helmholtz-Innovation Lab CLEWATEC are introduced.
The live stream starts on July 8, 2020 at 1 p.m. and is accessible for HZDR employees as well as external users via the following link:
access code: 190649
The HDZR Research Talks are a program for HZDR employees of all research fields. Within this framework, scientists give lectures on current projects, methods and procedures and look forward to exchanging ideas with colleagues in order to jointly develop ideas and initiate projects. The Research Talks are also open to external interested parties.
- Lectures and discussions are held in English.
- Participation is free of charge.
- Registration is not required. External visitors need to check in at the HZDR main entrance 30 min in advance.
Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Dept. Biotechnology)
Phone: +49 351 260 2427
Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Dept. Radionuclide Theragnostics)
Phone: +49 351 260 3678
Dr. Peter Zahn (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Dept. Scaling Phenomena)
Phone: +49 351 260 3121
Dr. Björn Drobot (Institute of Resource Ecology, Dept. Biogeochemistry)
Phone: +49 351 260 2759
- Dr. Björn Drobot (Institute of Resource Ecology, Biogeochemistry): "What we can learn from the ’f’ in f-elements"
- Dr. Dominik Kraus ( Institute of Radiation Physics, Helmholtz Young Investigator Group High Energy Density): "Warm dense matter: investigating planets and stars in the laboratory"
- Dr. Yordan Georgiev (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Transport Phenomena in Nanostructures, Head of Nanofabrication): "Ultra sensitive biosensors based on the simplest possible field effect transistor"
- Dr. Matthias Streller (Communication & Media Relations): "The DeltaX student laboratory – a place of research and education"
- Prof. Dr. Heidemarie Schmidt (Institute for Solid State Physics, Friedrich Schiller University Jena): "Adhesion of biomolecules to a CHIP using surface-near electrostatic forces"
- Dr. Elke Beyreuther (Institute of Radiation Physics, Laser Particle Acceleration): "Radiobiological effect dependencies on proton beam quality revealed by zebrafish embryo"
- Dr. Nicole Matschiavelli (Institute of Resource Ecology, Biogeochemistry): "The disposal of high-level radioactive waste – some microbial issues"
- Dr. Kristof Zarschler (Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research, Radionuclide Theragnostics): "How to make a radiolabeled protein: a story of protein expression, functionalization and characterization"
- Dr. Gregor Hlawacek (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, Ion Induced Nanostructures): "Helium Ion Microscopy for biological samples: Achievments and Challenges"
- Dr. Franziska Lederer (Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Biotechnology): "Development of biological tools for the recycling of electronic scrap"