NanoNet Annual Workshop 2020
The Annual Workshop 2020 of the International Helmholtz Research School for Nanoelectronic Networks (IHRS NanoNet) took place at the
from October 07 - 09, 2020.
The Berghotel is located in Oberbärenburg/Altenberg near Dresden.
The workshop started on Wednesday at lunch time, and concluded on Friday after lunch. There were convenient direct busses #360/370 from Dresden main railway station (Hbf) towards Altenberg, for detailed connections see VVO web site.
Impressions from the workshop can be found here.
The following keynote speakers participated either in person or on-line:
- Blick, Robert (Hamburg, DE), Electron-Spin-Resonance in 2D-systems
- Burkard, Guido (Konstanz, DE), Theory of spin qubits and cavity QED in semiconductor nanostructures
- Strunk, Christoph (Regensburg, DE), Epitaxial Al/InAs heterostructures as a novel platform for unconventional superconductivity
- Schönenberger, Christian (Basel, CH, on-line), Moiré Superlattice and Strain Engineering of Encapsulated Graphene
- Dong, Renhao (Dresden, DE), Interfacial synthesis of organic 2D materials: chemistry and function
- Shaygan Nia, Ali (Dresden, DE), Developing Emerging Two Dimensional (2D) Materials via Electrochemistry
- Pauly, Fabian (Augsburg, DE), Theoretical modeling of photocarrier dynamics in 2D materials & heat transport through molecular junctions
Besides the lectures given by the Keynote Speakers, Contributed Talks and Posters were presented.
With a guided tour we visited the Altenberg luge and bobsleigh track on Thursday afternoon.
The 1-page agenda is available here (PDF, updated 05.10.2020 , 217 kB ).
The complete Abstract Booklet can be downloaded
Please, consider the environment before printing.
Contributed Talks / Posters / Student Award
The Student Award was presented for the best presentation of a young scientist
Winner of the First Prize is Himani Arora from HZDR, the Second Prize went to Alexander Strobel (HZDR), the Third Prize to Filip Kilibarda (HZDR). Next in the ranking were Ahmad Echresh (HZDR), Florian Fuchs (TU Chemnitz and FhG ENAS), Kristina Ditte (IPF), and Bilal Khan (HZDR).
Participation in the workshop program and the Annual Meeting was by invitation only.
If you have interest to participate in a further NanoNet event, please contact the NanoNet coordinator.
The number of participants, on-site and on-line was about 30.
The workshop was organized by the International Helmholtz Research School for Nanoelectronic Networks (IHRS NanoNet) funded by the Initiative and Networking Fund of the German Helmholtz Association (VH-KO-606).