For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
PD Dr. Daniel Bemmerer Tel.: +49 351 260 3581,
+49 351 260 3901
Place of work:
17 January 2021
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics
As part of the Institute, the Department of FWKK invites applications as Post-Doc (f/m/d)
The position will be available from 01 March 2021. The employment contract is initially limited to 2 years (possible extension 2 years).
- Project management of the EU-funded project "ChETEC-INFRA" on nuclear astrophysics
- Participation in experiments on nuclear astrophysics in Dresden, Darmstadt and in other European countries
- Conception and implementation of own projects in experimental nuclear astrophysics
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's students
- University degree, preferably PhD, in experimental nuclear astrophysics
- In-depth knowledge in at least two of the three areas of radiation detectors, analysis software (ROOT, GEANT4), vacuum technology
- Very good written and spoken English, basic knowledge of German
- Either knowledge of European research funding or general knowledge in nuclear astrophysics
- Experience in the management of scientific projects and events
- Good teamwork and willingness to go on business trips to other European countries
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of a two year extension
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.