Vacancy Notice No. 69E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
ln the framework of a BMBF funded project on the transport and transfer behavior of long-lived radionuclides in the environment up to the food chain, the Institute of Resource Ecology invites applications as
Postdoctoral researcher (m/f)
The position will be available from 1 January 2018. The employment contract is limited to the duration of the project until 31 August 2020. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- excellent PhD in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- experience in the isolation, characterization and expression of membrane proteins (ideally from plant cells)
- skilled in state of the art Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, experience in microscopic methods
- strong motivation and commitment to work in a team
- willingness to work with radioisotopes
- very good English skills
- interest in interdisciplinary cooperation
- identification, characterization and isolation of actinide-reducing proteins from the plasma membrane of the root endodermis/of plant cells
- demonstration of actinide reduction at the plasma membrane
- publication of the results in international scientific journals and at conferences
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Susanne Sachs, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2436, Prof. Dr. Karim Fahmy, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2952, 3601 or Dr. Johannes Raff, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 2951.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400