Vacancy Notice No. 73E/2017
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter. All research is conducted in close collaboration with other members of the Helmholtz Association as well as with universities, non-university affiliated research institutes, and industry.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology invites applications as
Research Associate/PostDoc (m/f) in Geophysics
The position will be available from 1 January 2018, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to two years. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Freiberg.
At the Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, the Division of Exploration aims to develop new and efficient technologies for the exploration of mineral resources. The research focusses on the use of unmanned aerial systems with various sensors, multi- and hyperspectral remote sensing, tectonic geomorphology, 30 geological modeling, as weil as laser-induced fluorescence and luminescence spectroscopy.
- Development and test of innovative, non-invasive exploration technologies
- Stakeholder engagement, education and policy reform
- excellent PhD degree in the field of geophysics
- basic knowledge in economic geology, geological 30 modeling and GIS
- computer skills in standard software and geophysical special software
- fluent English and German language skills
- strong sense of responsibility; reliability, commitment, as weil as an ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- excellent interpersonal skills
- willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- development of new methods
- compilation, inventory and processing of existing geophysical data
- logistical planning and technical supervision of geophysical data acquisition within the framework of the project
- quality control, processing, interpretation/modelling of newly collected data, integration of geophysical data in geological 3D models
- creation of reports and documentation
- participation in project events and conferences
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Richard Gloaguen, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4424, Dr. Moritz Kirsch, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4439 or Mrs. Manuela Wagner, Tel.: +49 351 260 - 4401.
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400