For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424,
Dr. Peter Seidel Tel.: +49 351 260 4492
Place of work:
21 December 2018
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) is a part of the HZDR and pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available, used more efficiently, and be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner. The institute invites applicants as Research Associate (m/f).
The position will be available at the earliest possible time. The employment contract is limited to 30. April 2020.
- development of a sensor system for e-waste monitoring
- spectral characterization of e-waste test samples
- set-up of integrated sensor system in close collaboration with industry partners within the consortium
- dissemination of scientific results
- publication of results in international peer-reviewed journals
- Master's degree in process- or electrical engineering, or related field, with sound background in optical spectroscopy
- experience in system integration and mechanical engineering
- experience in sensor technology and data processing may be helpful
- very good English language skills (both written and spoken)
- ability to work in international context
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team