For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Karl Gerald van den Boogaart Tel.: +49 351 260 4409,
Dr. Raimon Tolosana Delgado Tel.: +49 351 260 4415,
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Markus Reuter Tel.: +49 351 260 4411
Place of work:
31 January 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research associate (m/f/d) in the field of process modelling
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) is a part of the HZDR and pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available, used more efficiently, and be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
The institute invites applicants as Research Associate (m/f/d) In the field of process modelling.
The position will be available from 01 April 2019. The employment contract is initially limited to two years.
You hold an engineering PhD. You will work in the interface of process engineering, process modelling, and model based process automation, in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team. You will be main responsible for a project aiming at the optimal processing of electronic waste, but you will contribute to the development of more general solutions for optimal adaptive processing of primary and secondary raw materials.
- Co-development of a breakthrough, big data based process optimisation systern, incorporating complex sensor systems and forecasting models
- development of an uncertainty aware modelling and optimisation code for that system
- scientific publications and presentations at scientific conferences
- joint work on lang term goals of the Helrnholtz Institute for Resource Technology
- very good PhD in engineering, ideally with a focus in process modelling or automation
- substantial experience in programming, in C/C++, Java, or VB and on a data analysis environments ( e.g. MATLAB, R)
- experience in one or more of the following areas: WEE-recycling, minerals processing, process modelling (ideally particle based), process engineering, model based automation
- scientific abilities proven by own publications
- good knowledge on the fundamentals of applied mathematics (numerics, statistics, optimisation)
- very good English language skills (both written and spoken)
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team