For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Roland Rzehak Tel.: +49 351 260 3475,
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Eckert Tel.: +49 351 260 3860
Place of work:
15 March 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Transport processes at interfaces, invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d).
The position will be available from 1 June 2019, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- generation and verification of numerical setups in OpenFoam, in particular using multiple reference frames
- adaptation and extension of existing Open Foam solvers, specifically reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam
- validation of macro-scale flotation models for by comparison between simulation and experimental data
- interaction with project partners to generate hypotheses for model improvement
- very good Diploma or Master´s degree in with strong background in computational fluid dynamics, specifically multiphase flows
- personalities with a good grasp of relevant scientific/ technological problems and an understanding of promising approaches to their solution
- self-dependent working style
- strong communication skills
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team