For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Uwe Hampel Tel.: +49 351 260 2772,
Mrs. Susann Riedel Tel.: +49 351 260 3766
Place of work:
24 March 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d) or PostDoc (m/f/d) in the field of electrical impedance spectroscopy
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics, invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d) or as Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of electrical impedance spectroscopy.
The position will be available from 1 June 2019, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to three years.
Development of process sensors for the detection and monitoring of fouling in components in industrial processes basing on electrical impedance spectroscopy. These include:
- screening and comparative assessment of potential measurement techniques for fouling monitoring in process components by means of on literature and patent surveys
- development of a sensor concept basing on electrical impedance spectroscopy (materials selection, electronic sensor design)
- analysis and numerical simulations (electrodynamics, circuit design)
- development of adapted data analysis techniques including machine learning
- very good graduation in electrical engineering, physics
- very good PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics (optional for Postdoc)
- very good knowledge in electrical field theory as well as in electrical measurement techniques and electronics
- good knowledge in materials engineering, design, mechanical engineering and process engineering is of advantage
- the possibility to obtain a PhD degree (Dr.-lng.) is given
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team