For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Shengqiang Zhou Tel.: +49 351 260 2484
Place of work:
7 April 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research conducts materials research for future applications, e. g., in information technology and for energy conversion.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Semiconductor Materials invites applications as PhD student (f/m/d).
The position will be available as soon as possible. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- design the ion implantation experiment for modification of oxides films
- measure the magnetic and electrical properties of the modified films
- understand the experimental results and write scientific report/publications as well as discuss the experiments with our cooperation partner
- degree (Diploma/Master "very good") in physics, material science, or a closely related field
- knowledge of solid state physics, magnetic and ferroelectric oxides
- self-motivated and good communication skills within an international team
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team