For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317,
Mr. Tobias Frust Tel.: +49 351 260 3604
Place of work:
20 May 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Software Engineer (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS) platform aims to ensure an excellent information environment for outstanding research in all Helmholtz research fields as well as a seamless and performant IT-infrastructure connecting knowledge from all centres. In collaboration with colleagues from the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UZF) you will support the development of research software with a high level of quality, visibility and sustainability within the software services team of HIFIS. Further information about the Helmholtz-Incubator is available https://www.helmholtz.de/forschung/information_data_science/helmholtz_inkubator/.
The Department of Information Services and Computing of the HZDR offers two positions as Research Software Engineer (m/f/d).
The positions will be available from 1 July 2019. The employment contract is limited to two years with an opportunity of continuation.
- development and maintenance of novel or existing applications, especially for the web, to support the whole research software life cycle
- management of code contributions following an open source development model
- DevOps tasks - configuration, deployment and monitoring of modern web applications at large scale
- define architectures and tools for the development of high-quality research software
- support and train users of the deployed systems across the entire Helmholtz Association
- Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer science or any closely related field
- solid experience in sustainable software development with modern tools (e. g. Git, Cl/CD, container technologies, configuration management software)
- experience in full-stack development of large software projects, particularly for the web, this involves design and development of user interfaces, web-application back-ends and database schemes
- strong communication skills and the ability to convey knowledge
- you are a motivated, open, initiative taking and creative team player
- excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written, German is beneficial
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team