For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317,
Mr. Tobias Frust Tel.: +49 351 260 3604
Place of work:
20 May 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Software Engineer and Trainer (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS) platform aims to ensure an excellent information environment for outstanding research in all Helmholtz research fields as well as a seamless and performant IT-infrastructure connecting knowledge from all centres. In collaboration with colleagues from the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UZF) you will support the development of research software with a high level of quality, visibility and sustainability within the software services team of HIFIS. Further information about the Helmholtz-Incubator is available https://www.helmholtz.de/forschung/information_data_science/helmholtz_inkubator/.
The Department of Information Services and Computing of the HZDR offers two positions as Research Software Engineer and Trainer (m/f/d).
The positions will be available from 1 July 2019. The employment contract is limited to two years with an opportunity of continuation.
- development and provisioning of software development trainings for the Helmholtz Association (e.g. training, workshops, hackathons or MOOCS)
- participation in the development and establishment of common software development guidelines
- support of scientists in developing modern and sustainable high-quality research software
- implementation of tailored software development workflows in collaboration with Helmholtz scientists of manifold scientific domains
- Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer science or any closely related field
- solid experience in sustainable software development with modern tools (e. g. Git, Cl/CD, container technologies, configuration management software)
- experience in an Object Oriented Language (e.g. modern C++) and in scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- knowledge in licensing, copyright or patent law is desirable
- ability to communicate complex knowledge to non-expert audiences or individuals
- you are a motivated, open, initiative taking and creative team player
- excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written, German is beneficial
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team