For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. habil. Andreas Scheinost Tel.: +33 476 88 2462,
+33 6 340 358 18
Place of work:
16 July 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/Post-Doc (m/w/d) in Environmental Mineralogy
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Molecular Structures invites applications as Research Associate/Post-Doc (m/w/d) in Environmental Mineralogy.
The position will be available from 1 September 2019, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to three years. The place of work is Dresden-Rossendorf.
- synthesis of magnetite with and without several dopants (Tc. Pu)
- investigation of sorption/redox reactions
- characterization of coprecipitation and sorption complexes by laboratory and synchrotron methods
- atomistic calculations
- very good PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Earth or Environmental Sciences or related fields
- experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
- sorption and copreciprtanon experiments
- nanoparticle synthesis and mineralogy
- work in anoxic gloveboxes
- handling of radionuclides
- computational chemistry
- an additional asset would be experience with synchrotron X-ray methods
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German and/or French are an additional asset
- willingness to frequent travels to Grenoble (ROBL) as well as to project partners to Switzerland and France
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team