For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Vinzenz Brendler Tel.: +49 351 260 2430,
Dr. Astrid Barkleit Tel.: +49 351 260 3136,
+49 351 260 2512,
+49 351 260 2518
Place of work:
30 June 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Surface Processes invites applications as Postdoc (m/f/d).
The position will be available, subject to the consent of the funding agency, as soon as possible. The employment contract is limited until 31 May 2022.
- radioanalytical characterization of steel samples
- structural spectroscopic & microscopic investigations of both steel and concrete samples
- characterization of radionuclide binding forms in concrete and steel
- comparison of the experimental results with theoretic prognostics
- care-taking of the related Ph.D. work
- publication and presentations of research results at conferences and in international journals with peer review
- Ph.D. in chemistry, environmental science or geoscience with very good marks
- broad knowledge on thermodynamics, analytical and spectroscopic methods
- experience in working with radionuclides, experimental skills
- interest in applied research and interdisciplinary cooperation in the context of understanding the incorporation of radionuclides in construction materials
- personal commitment, ability to work in a team
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team