For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Matthias Krause Tel.: +49 351 260 3578,
Prof. Dr. Sibylle Gemming Tel.: +49 351 260 2470
Place of work:
15 July 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d) or Postdoc (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research conducts materials research for future applications, e. g., in information technology and for energy conversion.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Scaling Phenomena invites applications as PhD student (f/m/d) or as Postdoc (f/m/d).
The position will be available from 1 August 2019. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- research in the topic "Tribologically-induced interfacial and structural changes of ta-C and MoS2 layers"
- conception and implementation of corresponding in-situ and in-line experiments at the cluster tool of the HZDR ion beam center (RBS, ERD, Raman, ellipsometry and reflectometry)
- publication of the scientific results in the form oflectures, poster contributions and articles in professional journals
- (preparation of a dissertation in case of PhD candidates)
- very good university degree or dissertation in physics, materials science or chemistry
- interest and ability for experimental research
- proven by a pertinent graduation work
- good knowledge of English terminology in scientific publishing
- proficiency with common IT operating systems, office and scientific software
- programming skills in Python or C ++ are desirable
- the working language with the projectpartners are German
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team