For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317
Place of work:
28 June 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Applied Al Consultant and Developer (m/f/d) for the Helmholtz Artificial Intelligence Cooperation Unit (HAICU) @ HZDR in the Research Field "Matter"
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Artificial Intelligence Cooperation Unit (HAICU) platform aims to enhance the research within the Helmholtz Association with applied Al methods. For that each research area of Helmholtz operates one HAICU unit to work on short, medium and long term Al projects, prepare data sets, and provide trainings. Further information about HAICU and the Helmholtz-Incubator is available at https://www.haicu.de. HZDR operates the HAICU unit for the research field matter. lt consists of a high level support team (HLST) of Al consultants focused on training and service as well as short/medium term projects and in addition a Helmholtz Young Investigator Group (YIG).
The HLST is located in the the Computational Science Group in the Department of Information Services and Computing.
As part of the Institute, the Computational Science Group, invites two applications as Applied Al Consultant and Developer for the Helmholtz
Artificial Intelligence Cooperation Unit (HAICU) @ HZDR in the Research Field "Matter". The positions will be available from September 1, 2019. The employment contract is limited to two years with an opportunity of continuation.
- work with domain scientists in implementing their short/medium term machine learning/deep learning (ML/DL) needs
- preparation of large and complex data sets for usage in ML/DL frameworks
- preparation of training materials for conveying ML/DL techiques
- mentoring of teams/ co-development during hackathons to implement ML/DL use cases in their scientific use case
- Academic degree from a higher education institution in Natural Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science with a strong connection to the topic
- proven record of ML/DL expertise
- experience/knowledge of image reconstruction methods
- good grasp on mathematical and algorithmic concepts
- programming experience in Python, C++ and CUDA
- experience with ML/DL as well as big data frameworks
- experience with implementing big data processing workflows
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team