For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Mr. Nils Schmeißer Tel.: +49 351 260 2207,
+49 351 260 3317,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317
Place of work:
26 July 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Software Engineer (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS) platform aims to ensure an excellent information environment for outstanding research in all Helmholtz research fields as well as a seamless and performant IT-infrastructure connecting knowledge from all centres. In collaboration with colleagues from the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UZF) you will support the development of research software with a high level of quality, visibility and sustainability within the software services team of HIFIS. Further information about the Helmholtz-Incubator is available https://www.helmholtz.de/forschung/information_data_science/helmholtz_inkubator/.
The Department of Information Services and Computing of the HZDR offers a position as Software Engineer (m/f/d).
The positions will be available from 1st September 2019. The employment contract is limited to two years with an option of prolongation.
Within the HIFIS project:
- evaluation, configuration and operation of backbone and cloud services (authentication and web services)
- provide identity and access management for web and non web based services (e.g. HPC systems)
- provide support and maintenance for solutions developed with the HIFIS project
- Bachelor's or Masters degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer science or any closely related field
- SAML, Shibboleth (ECP), Openld Connect Moonshot
- solid experience:
- Java-EE Application Server (e.g. tomcat)
- Unix and Windows operating systems
- basic database skills (SQL on Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL), LDAP
- English and German in speaking and writing
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team