For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Roland Rzehak Tel.: +49 351 260 3475,
Dr. Dirk Lucas Tel.: +49 351 260 2047
Place of work:
31 July 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Computational Fluid Dynamics, invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d).
The position will be available from October 1, 2019. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- generation and verification of numerical setups in OpenFoam
- adaptation and extension of existing OpenFoam solvers, specifically reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam
- validation of models for mass transfer and reaction kinetics
- interaction with project partners doing experiments to generate hypotheses for model improvement
- very good university degree (Diplom/Master) in natural science or engineering
- strong background on fluid dynamics and mass transfer in multiphase flows
- ideally also experience with computaional fluid dynamics / 0penF0AM / C++ programming
- good grasp of relevant scientific/technological problems and an understanding of promising approaches to their solution
- self-dependent working style
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team