For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Sergey Kovalev Tel.: +49 351 260 2454,
Dr. Jan-Christoph Deinert Tel.: +49 351 260 3626
Place of work:
1 August 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/Post-Doc (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
Further information can be found at http://www.hzdr.de.
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions.
As part of the Institute, the High-field THz driven phenomena group, invites applications as Research Associate/Post-Doc (m/f/d).
The position will be available from 1st September 2019. The employment contract is limited to two years with an option of prolongation.
The High-Field THz-Driven Phenomena group at the Institute of Radiation Physics is involved in developing high-field accelerator-based THz sources and its applications for nonlinear THz spectroscopy and coherent control of matter at ultrafast timescales. The successful candidate will work in the emerging area of strong THz field interactions with organic (life) materials, that includes studying the THz response of biological objects and development of novel pump-probe techniques using laser based or accelerator based THz sources.
- studying high field ultrafast THz response of biological objects involving accelerator-based and laser-based sources
- conduct and assist in various experiments on THz-driven processes probed with optical techniques during beamtimes in our facility
- developing novel techniques of THz spectroscopy
- PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry or related field
- strong background in spectroscopy, optics and biophysics
- knowledge in the following areas will be of great help: nonlinear optics, femtosecond lasers, THz spectroscopy, ultrafast pump-probe spectroscopy, spectroscopy in liquids, organic chemistry
- ability to work independently on innovative, complex experimental setups
- readiness to work in an international multidisciplinary team
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team