For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Michael Bussmann Tel.: +49 351 260 2616,
Dr. Graham Appleby Tel.: +49 351 260 3290
Place of work:
30 November 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - Systems Biology
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The HZDR, Department CASUS - Center for Advanced Systems Understanding, invites multiple applications as Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - Systems Biology.
The positions will be available as soon as possible and will begin working in Dresden as employees of HZDR in the CASUS division. Eventually the working place will shift to Görlitz when a central CASUS building has been refurbished in the city center (during late 2019 - mid 2020). The employment contracts are limited to 31.12.2020 with an option of prolongation.
More information can be found at www.casus.science.
As a CASUS Scientist, you will perform fundamental research in the mathematical, algorithmic, or computational foundations of the methods for tomorrow's Systems Biology. You will collaborate within CASUS and with the CASUS partner institutions to jointly develop methods and implement them in software frameworks that are applicable across a range of application domains. For applications in Systems Biology, you will work closely with the Center for Systems Biology Dresden, a joint institute between the Max Planck Society and the TU Dresden, and with the at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) in Dresden. This will provide you with access to world-class biology research data sets as well as challenging and inspiring use cases and technology drivers. CASUS scientists take an active role in shaping and advancing the cross-disciplinary projects and are able to communicate across discipline boundaries.
- PhD in computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or theoretical physics, combined with prior experience in biological applications and a documented track record of contribution to the life sciences.
- competence in one or several of:
- parallel and High-Performance computing for the life sciences
- medical or biological data science
- artificial intelligence or machine learning in biology
- microscopy image analysis / computer vision for microscopy
- virtual or Augmented Reality for biology or medicine
- computer simulation of biological models and systems
- numerical methods for biological applications
- computational statistics or Computational optimization methods
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, full CV, list of publications, statement of research interest of relevance to science at CASUS (1-2 pages)) only via our Online-application-system.