For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Michael Bussmann Tel.: +49 351 260 2616,
Dr. Graham Appleby Tel.: +49 351 260 3290
Place of work:
30 November 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - Matter under Extreme Conditions
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The HZDR, Department CASUS - Center for Advanced Systems Understanding, invites multiple applications as Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - Matter Under Extreme Conditions.
The positions will be available as soon as possible and will begin working at HZDR in the CASUS division. Eventually the working place will shift to Görlitz when a central CASUS building has been refurbished in the city center (during late 2019 - mid 2020). The employment contracts are limited to 31.12.2020 with an option of prolongation.
More information can be found at www.casus.science
As a CASUS Scientist, you will perform fundamental research in the mathematical, algorithmic, or computational foundations of the methods to understand Matter Under Extreme Conditions. You will collaborate within CASUS and with the CASUS partner institutions to jointly develop methods and implement them in software frameworks that are applicable across a range of application domains. You will work closely with scientists at the Institute of Radiation Physics of HZDR. This will provide you with access to world-class experimental research data sets as well as challenging and inspiring use cases and technology drivers. CASUS Scientists take an active role in shaping and advancing the cross-disciplinary projects and are able to communicate across discipline boundaries.
- PhD in physics, computer science, applied mathematics or similar.
- competence in one or several of the following:
- experience in relativistic plasma physics
- strongly coupled plasmas, warm dense matter, high pressure physics
- experience developing higher order exchange correlation functionals
- experience solving time dependent Schrödinger Equations with many electrons in laser fields, in media time-dependent density functional theory (TDDFT)
- quantum hydrodynamics
- quantum Monte Carlo
- density-Functional Theory Molecular Dynamics (OFT-MD)
- non equilibrium Quantum statistics, high level kinetic equation theory
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, full CV, list of publications, statement of research interest of relevance to science at CASUS (1-2 pages)) only via our Online-application-system.