For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Michael Bussmann Tel.: +49 351 260 2616,
Dr. Graham Appleby
Place of work:
30 November 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - High Performance Computing
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The HZDR Department CASUS - Center for Advanced Systems Understanding is a joint initiative by HZDR, MPI-CBG, TU Dresden, UFZ and the University of Wroclaw. CASUS invites multiple applications as Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) - High Performance Computing.
The positions will be available as soon as possible and will begin working at HZDR in the CASUS division. Eventually the working place will shift to Görlitz when a central CASUS building has been refurbished in the city center (during late 2019 - mid 2020). The employment contracts are limited to 31.12.2020 with an option of prolongation.
More information can be found at www.casus.science
As a CASUS Scientist, you will perform and support fundamental research in the mathematical, algorithmic, or computational foundations of the methods to understand Matter Under Extreme Conditions, Systems Biology, Earth Systems Research and Autonomous Vehicles. You will collaborate within CASUS and with the CASUS partner institutions to jointly develop methods and implement them in software frameworks that are applicable across a range of application domains. The partners will provide you with access to world-class experimental research data sets as well as challenging and inspiring use cases and technology drivers. CASUS Scientists take an active role in shaping and advancing the crossdisciplinary projects and are able to communicate across discipline boundaries.
- PhD in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- competence in one or several of the following:
- fluent background in programming parallel computers, ideally with the message-passing-interface (MPI)
- good knowledge in at least one node-level parallel language such as CUDA, OpenMP, OpenACC, TBB, HIP, SYCL, OpenCL
- good to expert modern C++ knowledge
- good knowledge in scientific python
- experience with large-scale supercomputer workflows and environments, parallel debugging and an efficient knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- experience in the design or implementation of scalable algorithms
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, full CV, list of publications, statement of research interest of relevance to science at CASUS (1-2 pages)) only via our Online-application-system.