For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Vinzenz Brendler Tel.: +49 351 260 2430
Place of work:
22 September 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Surface Processes, invites applications as PostDoc (m/f/d).
The position will be available from 01.11.2019. The employment contract is limited to 31.01.2021.
- Uncertainty identification, classification and quantification, selection of appropriate probability density functions with realistic parameterization
- Test of innovative numerical methods for uncertainty and global/local sensitivity analysis on complex coupled geochemical systems with strong non-linearities
- Complex uncertainty treatment and sensitivity analysis based on a coordinated data collection and uncertainty quantification, applied to a geochemical application (retardation of radionuclides in host rocks)
- Research results will be based on international work, shall be presented at conferences and published in journals with peer review.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, applied mathematics, environmental science or geoscience with very good marks
- Broad knowledge on uncertainty and sensitivity analysis in natural sciences
- Experience in working with numerical tools
- Interest in applied research and interdisciplinary cooperation in the context of understanding the effects of uncertainties in complex environmental processes
- Personal commitment, ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.