For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Thuro Arnold Tel.: +49 351 260 2432,
Dr. Carola Franzen Tel.: +49 351 260 3462,
Prof. Dr. Vinzenz Brendler Tel.: +49 351 260 2430
Place of work:
23 September 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Surface Processes, invites applications as Postdoc (m/f/d).
The position will be available from 1st October 2019. The employment contract is limited until 31st May 2021.
- identification, classification and contacting stakeholders in nuclear waste management
- collecting and indexing of knowledge sources regarding nuclear waste disposal
- development of test cases, guidelines and questionnaires with respect to nuclear waste disposal
- maintaining interactions with the developers of the software package hosting the web-based State-of- Knowledge Handbook for nuclear waste disposal
- preparation of user-manuals and internal documentation for this State-of-Knowledge Handbook
- research results will be presented on EU-wide international conferences and work shops.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, applied physics, environmental science or geoscience with very good marks
- understanding of nuclear waste management issues on a generic level
- expertise in project management and applied research
- lt would be of advantage to have experience in working with knowledge databases and eLearning tools
- interest in interdisciplinary cooperation in the context of achieving sustainable and ready-to-use knowledge for a safe storage of radioactive waste
- personal commitment, ability to work in a team
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.