For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Franziska Lederer Tel.: +49 351 260 2427,
Dr. Katrin Pollmann Tel.: +49 351 260 2946
Place of work:
31 October 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (m/f/d) in Bioengineering
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Biotechnology, invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d) in Bioengineering.
The position will be available from 1st February 2020, provided that the funds will be approved. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- participation in a BMBF-third party funded project: Development of a system for the design and synthesis of tailor-made peptides for the treatment of polymers prior to metal plating on plastics (PepMetal)
- implementation of phage surface display for the selection of polymer binding phage
- characterization of polymer binding peptides
- genetic modification of polymer binding peptides using different expression systems
- analysis of the interactions of peptides with polymer surfaces
- use of peptides for the metallization of polymer surfaces
- scientific exchange with project partners
- writing of reports, publications, dissertation
- a very good university degree (diploma/master) in molecular biology, bioengineering, chemistry or a comparable qualification
- knowledge in work with peptides and proteins, molecular biology, excellent experimental skills, ability to work in a team and an interdisciplinary working method
- interest in an interdisciplinary applied research project
- willingness to do a doctorate
- willingness to travel, interest in international cooperation
- knowledge of Phage Surface Display is desirable
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.