For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Andrea Cherkouk Tel.: +49 351 260 2989,
Dr. Johannes Raff Tel.: +49 351 260 2951
Place of work:
30 November 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Associate/Postdoc (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Biogeochemistry, invites applications as Postdoc (m/f/d) within the BMBF and Helmholtz funded iCross (Integrity of nuclear waste repository systems - Cross-scale system understanding and analysis) project.
The position will be available from 1st February 2020. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- extraction of DNA/RNA from clay rock/bentonite and determination of the microbial diversity and activity
- quantification of selected microbial populations and identification of their metabolic activity
- investigation of the microbial induced corrosion of steel by using molecular biological, spectroscopic and microscopic tools
- presentation of results at international conferences and publication of results in international journals
- PhD in biosciences
- added advantage would be experience in:
- microbiological and molecular biological techniques, particularly NextGen sequencing, Real-Time PCR, Metagenomics and Metranscriptomics
- good skills to prepare scientific reports, publications and to give presentations
- ability to work in a team, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- very good command of English, fluently spoken and written
- it is assumed that the candidate is willing to work with radioactive samples
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.