For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Peter Seidel Tel.: +49 351 260 4492,
Dr. Richard Gloaguen Tel.: +49 351 260 4424,
Prof. Dr. Peter Kaever Tel.: +49 351 260 3443
Place of work:
15 December 2019
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research engineer (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration, invites applications as Research engineer (m/f/d).
The position will be available as soon as possible. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- development of software routines for a multi-sensor system for material stream analysis
- design of data streaming routines applicable for real-time monitoring
- development of new data pre-processing algorithms, incorporating multi-sensor data
- presentation of technical progress at project workshops
- very good Bachelor's, Diploma or Master's degree in information technology, software engineering or electrical engineering, or related field
- in particular experience in application-based programming and design of data processing tools
- experience of programming in C ++, Python and operation under Linux
- knowledge in sensor technology, especially optical sensors, is helpful
- good German and English language skills (both written and spoken)
- ability to work in international context
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.