For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Mr. Tobias Huste Tel.: +49 351 260 3604,
Dr. Guido Juckeland Tel.: +49 351 260 3660,
Dr. Uwe Konrad Tel.: +49 351 260 3264,
+49 351 260 3317
Place of work:
6 January 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Research Software Engineer (m/f/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
For additional information please visit: https://www.hzdr.de.
The Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS) platform aims to ensure an excellent information environment for outstanding research in all Helmholtz research fields as well as a seamless and performant IT-infrastructure connecting knowledge from all centres. In collaboration with colleagues from the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UZF) you will support the development of research software with a high level of quality, visibility and sustainability within the software services team of HIFIS. Further information about the Helmholtz-Incubator is available in the HIFIS description or on www.hifis.net.
The Department of Information Services and Computing of the HZDR offers a position as Research Software Engineer (m/f/d).
The position will be available from 1st March 2020. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- co-design of a sustainable software engineering process by coaching various research groups across the whole Helmholtz association,
- provisioning of tailored material to empower scientists of any domain to implement and to perpetuate modern scientific software engineering principles,
- establishment of guidelines for best practices in research software engineering across the whole Helmholtz Association.
- degree in higher education or equivalent relevant experience in computer science or any closely related field,
- solid experience in sustainable software development with modern tools (e.g. Git, Cl/CD, container technologies, configuration management software),
- passion and enthusiasm for new topics around Software Engineering, sustainable software development, etc.,
- strong communication skills and the ability to convey knowledge,
- the work in a Helmholtz-wide distributed, collaborative team requires you to be a motivated, open, initiative taking and creative team player,
- excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written. German is beneficial.
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.