For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Thuro Arnold Tel.: +49 351 260 2432,
Prof. Dr. Vinzenz Brendler Tel.: +49 351 260 2430
Place of work:
17 March 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Knowledge Manager (f/m/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
The Department of Surface Processes invites applications as Knowledge Manager (f/m/d). The positions will be available as soon as possible. The employment contract is limited until 31st July 2022.
This position offers access to a collaborative interdisciplinary and international network for nuclear waste disposal concepts with the focus on knowledge management.
- compilation of a web-based State-of-Knowledge Handbook for nuclear waste disposal, collection, structuring and indexing of relevant information from questionnaires, reports and already existing knowledge management systems
- preparation, distribution and coordination of the information flow with and reporting to various European project partners and stakeholders (research institutions, waste management organisations, technical support entities)
- monitoring of the project progress (milestones, deliverables, target-performance comparison)
- support in dissemination of the results including their representation on EU-wide conferences and workshops
- very good university degree, preferably in natural sciences, engineering or economics
- interest in collaborating in an international consortium, taking a leading role in the communication within a large EU project
- expertise in project management and applied research would be advantageous
- excellent management, organization and communication skills, also through social media
- high proficiency in office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- readiness for frequent travels
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 Vacation Days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.