For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Slawomir Prucnal Tel.: +49 351 260 2065,
Dr. Shengqiang Zhou Tel.: +49 351 260 2484
Place of work:
27 February 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research conducts materials research for future applications, e. g., in information technology and for energy conversion.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Semiconductor Materials invites applications as PhD Student (f/m/d) - Design the ion implantation experiment for modification of group IV semiconductors.
The position will be available from 1st April 2020. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- design the ion implantation experiment for modification of group IV semiconductors
- measure the optical and electrical properties the modified films
- understand the experimental results and write scientific report/publications as well as discuss the experiments with our cooperation partner
- very good university degree (Diploma/Master) in Physics, Material Science or a closely related field
- knowledge of solid state physics, nanoelectronics
- self-motivated and good communication skills within an international team
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 Vacation Days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.