For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Hans-Jürgen Pietzsch Tel.: +49 351 260 2706,
Dr. Tanmaya Joshi Tel.: +49 351 260 2437,
+49 351 260 2308
Place of work:
28 May 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
PhD Student (f/m/d) in development of nanoparticles for endoradionuclide therapy
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research is engaged in Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research. Chemical, biological and physical working groups work together to increase the knowledge in the scopes of Molecular Imaging and Tumor Therapy.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Radionuclide Theragnostics invites applications as PhD Student (f/m/d) in development of nanoparticles for endoradionuclide therapy.
The position will be available from 1st September 2020. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- synthesis of lanthanide nanoparticles (NPs) in sizes below 10 nm
- doping experiments with controlled amounts of radionuclides
- surface functionalization of nanoparticles with small molecules
- investigation of the physical and chemical properties of the NPs
- evaluation of the in vitro behaviour of the produced NPs in physiologically relevant conditions
- cytotoxic evaluation of the NPs
- in vivo evaluation of the biodistribution and therapeutic potential the NPs
- pursue collaborative research
- publish results in peer-reviewed journals
- present research results at international conferences and scientific meetings
- very good Master degree in Chemistry, Radiopharmacy or a closely related discipline
- strong synthetic and analytical skills in chemistry
- good knowledge in characterization of nanomaterials
- topics of interest should include: chemistry of nanomaterials, radiopharmacy
- preferably: proven experience in chemical synthesis of inorganic nanomaterials, experience in radiochemistry and/or handling of radioactive samples
- very good communication skills in English (verbal and written), knowledge of German would be an additional advantage
- strong communication skills in a professional context (presentation of results, colloquial discussions, writing of manuscripts, ... )
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.