For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Eberhard Altstadt Tel.: +49 351 260 2276,
Dr. Frank Bergner Tel.: +49 351 260 3186,
Dr. Cornelia Heintze Tel.: +49 351 260 3431
Place of work:
29 April 2020
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of characterisation of irradiation induced damage in Fe-based materials
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Institute of Resource Ecology (IRE) performs research to protect humans and the environment from hazards caused by pollutants resulting from technical processes that produce energy and raw materials.
The Department of Structural Materials of the IRE invites applications as Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of characterisation of irradiation induced damage in Fe-based materials. The position will be available from 1st June 2020. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- depth-resolved characterization of material damage in graded ion-irradiated layers by means of TEM
- mechanical characterisation of ion-irradiated samples by means of nanoindentation
- exploration of relations between defect distribution and irradiation induced hardening of the material
- publication of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences
- PhD degree in physics or materials science with a very good overall grade
- knowledge and practical experience in transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- knowledge and experience in micromechanical testing of advantage
- basic knowledge in application of image processing software of advantage
- excellent command of spoken and written English (grade B2 or higher)
- active communication with team members and highly proactive attitude
exciting work environment on an attractive research campus
high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
30 vacation days per year
company pension scheme (VBL)
a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
possibility to work part-time
flexible working hours
in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.